Prime your project for success with a free discovery workshop
A project discovery workshop is a collaborative, practical, structured session in which you define the outcomes for your project and how you’ll achieve them. Find out whether you’re eligible for a free discovery workshop that will prime your project for success.
A project discovery workshop can be the difference between success and failure. It’s a key part of the preparation needed to make sure your project is ready to commence. Because, if you don’t have a shared understanding of what success looks like, the odds are you won’t get to see it.
Boost’s discovery workshops are a little bit famous. They’re part of the secret sauce that makes our projects successful. So far, nearly 5000 people have downloaded our Kick-off kit, our guide to running your own discovery workshop.
“The discovery workshop was the key to starting our project on the right foot.”
Rocky Webster, Product Owner, FinCap
What your free discovery workshop will deliver
Our discovery and planning workshops make sure your project delivers the impact you need. You get to:
- clarify your outcomes
- get all your stakeholders on the same page
- identify who the project will benefit and how it will do so
- define priorities
- question assumptions
- limit project risk
- plan how you’ll achieve your outcomes
- inspire and energise your team.
Are you eligible?
Only some projects are eligible for this offer. Specifically, the project must be set up to have a positive and lasting impact. How do you do this?
Firstly, your organisation must be:
- flexible and pragmatic
Secondly, your project must be:
- tackling a complex problem
- led by a dedicated product owner.
Learn more and check if your project fits the bill.
Note that you don’t need to be an existing client to be eligible. You also don’t need to commit to work with us on the project itself.
Why we offer free discovery workshops
Our purpose as a company is: Supporting others to create a positive and lasting impact.
We can do this by helping get any project with a positive impact off the ground, even if we don’t deliver the project ourselves. That said, our collaborative Agile processes and technical expertise mean that projects we do deliver tend to have a greater impact.
Customising your discovery workshop activities
Our discovery workshops are a structured sequence of activities run by experienced facilitators. Because we have tested and refined a number of activities, we can pick those most appropriate to your team and task. As a result, the content and timings for each workshop can be customised to your specific project.
We select activities that deliver results because they are collaborative, transparent, practical, fast and fun.
Example activities include:
- Elevator pitch — position your product in the marketplace
- Press release — define outcomes by working backwards from success
- Solution sketching — rapidly brainstorm options
- Success sliders — agree on project priorities
- Personas — create customer profiles
- User story mapping — specify the customer outcomes and journey
- Prioritisation — identify your Minimum Viable Product
Here’s an example project kick-off agenda.
Deliverables from your discovery workshop
From these activities, you’ll get a set of deliverables that:
- make it easy to action your findings
- communicate these findings clearly and quickly
- will build stakeholder buy-in and engage your organisation.
Securing your free discovery workshop
Because these workshops are resource intensive for our team, we have to limit the number we run. The earlier you contact us, the more likely it is that we’ll be able to fit you in.
Do you know someone with a project that will deliver a positive and lasting impact? If so, feel free to share this offer with them as well.